Sweet lovers, exult! Today there will be cupcakes. Not ordinary cupcakes. Their originality is thanks for home-made blackcurrant jam, hidden inside, and airy coconut and cream-cheese frosting. They are incredibly tender, aroma and beautiful - the best present for your friends and parents. But don't tell what is hidden inside. Let it be a pleasant surprise!
Black currant cupcakes with coconut frosting
100 g butter, melted
130 g sugar
200 g AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
12 tsps blackcurrant jam
100 g cream-cheese
3 tbsps blackcurrant syrup
1 tbsp coconut flakes
Coconut flakes for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Beat butter and sugar, add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Mix flour and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mix well.
4. Fill the cupcake liners to 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. For frosting beat cream-cheese, syrup and coconut flakes.
6. Cool cakes. Cut a circle of cake out of the middle of the cupcakes. Fill the center with a teaspoon jam and replace the cut out cake tops. Pipe frosting over the top of the filled cupcakes. Decorate with coconut flakes.
Surprise inside! There is blackcurrant jam here and what would you prefer?