I say it without thinking a bit: this is something completely fantastic! The cake is delicious in itself, but in tandem with tender creamy frosting and pleasant bittersweet splitting cowberries it becomes much more wonderful. I don't overstate at all. Upon my word!
100 g butter, at room temperature
100 g sugar
150 g almond flour
30 g poppyseed
1 tsp vanilla
juice and zest of 1 lemon
120 g AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
200 ml whipping cream (33%)
2 tbsps icing sugar
1. Beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
2. Add zest, juice and vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift AP flour with baking powder and salt. Add almond flour and poppyseed. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Grease your baking form. Pout in the batter, spread a bit. Bake the cake for 40 minutes in a preheated to 180 C oven.
5. Cool whipping cream in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Whip it with icing sugar.
6. Completely cool the cake, decorate with cream and cowberries.
For the Russian variant click here :)